Before I recovered it.......
After I recovered it
I am trying to be more of a seamstress in my life. I have done lots of baby blankets but beyond that I have not done much. My husband got me a sewing machine for Christmas which I absolutely love. I had a complicated older machine and he got me a simple machine that just goes without all the hassle. I had gotten this moses basket from a consignment store and it worked good, I would just put a blanket in it because the fabric would never stay up on the sides. I have to say that without a pattern or much direction it turned out ok. Being a perfectionist in some ways I can see many flaws but it it is A LOT better then it was. First I took apart the old cover to use as a template. I knew that the sides had to be taller, since this one did not work, but I just guessed on the measurements.
Then I pinned the "template" to my new fabric. I took some leftover fabric for a liner and cut out the liner and the soft fabric together so that it would match up. The bottom (under the mattress) I left as just the liner
After assembling the sides with the lining and the bottom I covered the mattress by just cutting it out with the template and creating a cover. I left one side open so that I could get the mattress out for cleaning. I could put velcro or a small zipper but it works ok with it open too so that I can clean it in case of any accidents.